WESLEY CHAPEL FL – One year after Pasco County had its first recorded case of the coronavirus, the positivity rate has fallen to 5 percent, a stark contrast from the highest positivity rate of 24.1 percent on Dec. 28, according to the Florida Department of Health.
Following a traumatic year for business owners, employees, parents and students, Pasco County health officials said the county is seeing the light at the end of the tunnel. As more people are vaccinated, state officials expect the positivity rates throughout the state to continue downward.
As of Thursday, 34,391 people in Pasco County tested positive for the coronavirus since the pandemic began on March 8, 2020. Of those, 2,258 people had to be hospitalized and 668 people died.
Pasco County has now vaccinated 78,673 people with 42,605 people receiving their first doses and 36,068 people completing their second doses. That’s more than double the total number of COVID-19 cases in Pasco County.
Over the past several weeks, Pasco County Emergency Management has coordinated the distribution of 21,500 vaccines to people in retirement communities age 65 and older. The Department of Health-Pasco is also working with Pasco County schools to vaccinate employees who are 50 years old and older.
Where to Get a Vaccine Appointment:
The DOH-Pasco, in partnership with Pasco County Emergency Management, Sears at the Gulf View Square mall and Saint Leo University, is continuing to provide vaccinations for eligible residents, which Florida Gov. Ron DeSantis recently expanded to include those age 60 to 64.
Residents wanting to be vaccinated can sign up for the next round of vaccinations next week by making an appointment Sunday, March 14 at 2 p.m. through the CDR Maguire Health & Medical patient portal at patientportalfl.com or by calling 1-844-770-8548. Be sure to go CDR Maguire Health & Medical to create an account first before attempting to get an appointment Sunday.
In addition to the county’s drive-thru vaccination site at Saint Leo University, there are other Wesley Chapel area locations:
- Publix at Arbor Square at Connerton, 7830 Land O’ Lakes Blvd., Land O’ Lakes
- Publix at Collier Commons, 2121 Collier Parkway, Land O’ Lakes
- CVS Pharmacy, 1929 Bruce B. Downs Blvd., Wesley Chapel
- Publix at Hollybrook Plaza, 5400 Bruce B. Downs Blvd., Wesley Chapel
- Publix at the Shoppes at New Tampa, 1920 County Road 581, Wesley Chapel
- Publix at the Shoppes at Trinity Lakes, 12500 State Road 54, Odessa
- Winn-Dixie, 27301 Wesley Chapel Blvd., Wesley Chapel
- County-run site at Saint Leo University, 33701 State Road 52, St. Leo
- Publix at Starkey Ranch Town Square, 13589 State Road 54, Odessa
- Publix at Summertree Plaza, 32765 Eiland Blvd., Zephyrhills
- Publix at The Shoppes of Dade City, 11830 U.S. 301, Dade City
- Walmart, 28500 State Road 54, Wesley Chapel
- Publix at Zephyr Commons, 7838 Gall Blvd., Zephyrhills
Click here an appointment at Publix.
Click here for an appointment at Winn-Dixie.
Click here for an appointment at CVS.
Click here for an appointment at Walmart.
Subscribe To Our Newsletter
Join our mailing list to receive the latest news and updates from the Wesley Chapel Community Website.